Happy Things

I decided on the simple title of this post because that's how I'm feeling. I feel happy. I'm just so grateful for so many things in my life so I decided to take this time on a Sabbath to write in my "journal."

Recently I realized that the blessings of paying a full tithe don't always come in monetary form. I know, I know, this is something you learn in Primary (for those of you who were born in the church), but it's an entirely different thing when you learn from experience. Josh and I always barely make our bill payments after we pay our tithing. Sometimes the money we have leftover ranges from $30-$300, which isn't much when you factor in all our necessary expenditures. We're not at the point where we can start saving significantly just yet because we literally need every dollar, but we do try to make efforts to save so that we can have a cushion should an emergency happen. But the point is, we always make it! Heavenly Father always takes care of us. I've seen the blessings flow abundantly in the past couple of months! From parents providing us with food or a Foodland gift card, to friends letting us borrow their cars for the summer so that Josh and I can both make it to our jobs with differing schedules. Even the free food I get to bring home from Kahuku Grill (where I work) once in awhile is a huge help. So are the tips. One of the biggest blessings, however, is that Josh got hired at Turtle Bay and was able to quit his job at the Outrigger in Waikiki. They have taken such great care of him and he always got really great tips over there, but all that tip money was going towards paying for gas just to make that massive commute. I would worry so much when he'd be driving home from town when his shift ended at 10 pm. Now we are able to save so much gas money, and give our trusty little Scion a rest from making those long commutes. It's so crazy how fast he got hired at Turtle Bay, because literally I was bored at work one day (when I used to work on-campus) and randomly checked the Turtle Bay job listings for me, but saw a Bell position opened up and I immediately called my husband. He was hired pretty much the next day! We are so grateful for this blessing. The only drawback is that they have required him to work every single Sunday since he got hired, so he doesn't get the full 3 hours of church. :/ I hope this changes soon. Right now I'm assuming that they're making him work Sundays since he's brand new. I have faith that he will have the opportunity to do the full 3 hours of church again soon. It's not the same for me, going to church without him. I feel like half of me is missing.

Another thing I am happy about is that the second round of Clomid worked for me! My doctor had to double the dosage but it worked perfectly. I am feeling positive about that whole situation now. :)

Lastly, our 2 year anniversary is coming up! We haven't had any professional pictures taken of us since our wedding, so I decided that should be our gift to ourselves for our anniversary. Yesterday morning I had asked Amber Mozo if she would be willing to film an early morning surf session of me and Josh. We got some really nice shots and some stupidly funny ones. I can't wait to get the disc full of our edited photos from her today! I'm planning on picking my favorite one and ordering a canvas to be made of it from Costco or something so we can hang it up in our apartment. The whole reason I planned this photoshoot, besides it being our anniversary, was that I wanted evidence to show our kids one day that we used to surf together, because I'm not sure how often I'll be surfing when I'm an old mommy :P Hopefully I am at least still longboarding! I love longboarding almost as much as I do shortboarding.

I can't think of anything else to update the world on. We've just been keeping busy with surfing every morning before classes. We love our family. We love our friends. We love our life together. <3

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Humble Yourself or Be Compelled to Be Humble

Learning to Let Go

Celebrating 12 Years