2 Months Later: My Birthday - Josh is THE BEST HUSBAND EVER! Like ever.

Before my birthday (March 13) I had been hinting to Josh that I wanted him to surprise me. And he did! I'm a little too sneaky and nosy though, so there were some things I wasn't as surprised about, but for the most part he really surprised me and I was on cloud 9 the entire day! It started the night before, Josh told me, "I'll tell you one part of your birthday-day. I'm taking you to O&P tomorrow." I had suspicions about this because I was sitting next to him one day in church and I had unknowingly glanced at his to-do list for my birthday on his phone (once I realized what it was I looked away!) but I saw "Get Breanna and Haley's phone numbers." They are the two girls I would ride to my Practicum with in Kaneohe. So when he told me he would be taking me I was stoked! Also, he came home from working in town around midnight and I was supposed to be asleep but for once I was wide awake and I watched him walk in with a huge bouquet of lilies (my favorite!) for me! I was sooo happy. Oops sorry for spoiling the surprise love. :)

We both woke up at 5:30am on my birthday and I got ready for my O&P. I even straightened my hair a bit and put on makeup! He gave me this silly hipster card. I am including what he wrote so that in case I lose the card I can always read it again on here.

We got in the car and as he was turning out of the TVA parking lot, he turned LEFT instead of RIGHT (which would be towards Kaneohe) and he was like, "Oh wait, what?? Where are we going??!?!" And I was like you butthead!! Yay!!! He kidnapped me and I got to skip that day, which I wasn't even mad about. We ate at Haleiwa Cafe for breakfast.

After breakfast we watched the surf at Ali'i Beach Park to kill some time before we have to get back to the Laie area for my next surprise. It was the most gorgeous day ever! And my surprise was....HORSEBACK RIDING!!! AAHHH!!! Josh worked for Hele Huli Adventure Center at Turtle Bay, so he was free and I got the employee discount. Warning: I took a million pics of that adventure. So that's how many I will post.

We then ate Kahuku Grill for lunch and I got my acai bowl fix.

We came home and took a short 30 minute nap (we were exhausted!!). Then we headed out to surf perfect Goats!!! It was perfect. So glassy.

After surfing I had to go to one class from 2:30-3:30, which is sort of a buzz kill. But after class I came home and Josh was sleeping again, so I took yet ANOTHER nap! I woke up at 6:30, which is when we planned to leave for dinner, but I was still tired so I asked Josh if we could eat later and he shot up and was like no! We need to eat now! And that's when my suspicions rose again that we were secretly meeting up with my friends. And I was so happy when we got to Surfin' Tacos in Hau'ula and most of my closest friends were there (some couldn't make it and Josh forgot to invite a few others...oops). Even my little brother Jeremy and his friends came, haha. I was on cloud 9,000 by this point. Sadly, I forgot to get a group picture. After dinner we got home and Josh knocked out pretty much right away, which he deserved for working so hard to make me happy all day. :)

That weekend we celebrated with Josh's family at Cheesecake Factory, and with my family at my parents house in Pearl City, where we celebrated both mine and my dad's birthdays (his is on March 11th).

Even my visiting teacher remembered my birthday! :) All in all, it was a great 23rd!!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Humble Yourself or Be Compelled to Be Humble

Learning to Let Go

Celebrating 12 Years