Valentine's Day 2013

Valentines Day was so so perfect this year! The best one I have ever had, hands down.

First I will backtrack to the night before. We have a really good friend whose husband is away so I thought it would be a good idea to do something for her! I originally wanted to heart attack her door, but when I went to steal paper from the school of Ed they had run out of red butcher paper! So I grabbed a long roll of white paper, brought it home, and then got josh to help me draw on it. It was a fun bonding activity for us and I told josh that I would like to make this a Valentines tradition! Pick two people we know who could use some Valentines lovin and make them treats or gifts! 6 am the next day we rolled out of bed to sneakily tape the poster to her door. We also did this for another girl in the ward whose husband just left and it was funny because josh pounded on her screen door and we ran away laughing. It was exciting.

8 am Josh made me breakfast and drew a lily (my favorite flower) on our bathroom mirror! My boss Kiki dropped off the cupcakes I had ordered from her and she ended up not charging me anything because she couldn't make me what I had originally wanted (red velvet). What she doesn't know is that her chocolate chip cookie dough cupcakes were EVEN BETTER!!! Seriously they were so amazing!!! She has a small side business called Cupcakes by Kiki and I wish she had more time to take orders from people because she is seriously the best cupcake maker I have ever met.

11:30 am I left and told Josh that I was going to clock in to work early. He was so proud of me because usually I am late so naturally he believed that that was where I was going. Nope! I had secretly pre ordered 3 large pizzas from Dominos for him and his class that started at 12:10! I rushed down to Hau'ula to pick them up, ran to my work to borrow some papers and a sharpie so I could write "Josh! Will you be my Valentine? .....or is this too CHEESY?!" Hahaha I got that idea off of Pinterest. Josh loved it and so did his class. I was officially the best wife in the world to them and I am proud of myself. That was definitely a one time thing though because the pizzas were expensive.

2 pm We surfed perfect T-bay!!!! I have been waiting for the wind to calm down and the waves to get smaller because they have been too huge for forever. It was the perfect sesh with just me and my hubby. I was sooooo happy.

4 pm We rushed home to get ready for our double date night with our newlywed cousins Kai'anui and his wife Kea! We love love love hanging out with those two, its always a riot when we get together they are so fun and hilarious. I'm grateful they invited us and offered to treat us to one of my most favorite restaurants, Buca Di Beppo!

7:45 pm We ended the night by watching Warm Bodies. Not a typical vday pick but it was a great movie and I have been wanting to watch it since forever.

I love my husband and I love our life that we share together!















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Humble Yourself or Be Compelled to Be Humble

Learning to Let Go

Celebrating 12 Years