My First Letter to Elder McMillan

Dear Elder McMillan, Man it feels so good to be writing that out and to see it on paper (or on my computer). I'm so proud of you for representing our family as well as the Lord with your choice to serve! I'm super excited to have a missionary out in the field that I love again. You're a great example to me even though you're my little bro. I hope you've been having fun in the MTC and not feeling too homesick. I'll have to ask Josh how he dealt with homesickness, but I don't remember him feeling too bad about it. He said most of the time you're so busy you don't really have time to think about it. I don't wanna make this too long but I do want to say that I have been thinking about you a lot and we have been praying for you every night in mine and Josh's prayers. I'll just leave you with a spiritual thought for the day. After you share scriptures from Ether in your farewell talk, it made me want to read it again. So I did, and I especially loved Ether 12:12 which says "For if there be no faith among the children of men God can do no miracle among them; wherefore, he showed not himself until after their faith." This scripture means so much to me because I've been struggling with infertility for a year and a half now... I know it's kinda irrelevant to your situation but my point is everyone is fighting their own battle. To get on your mission you fought the battle to be a worthy priesthood holder and you fought a battle to have that desire to serve. My battle that I'm fighting and have been for awhile is trying to start my family, to fulfill God's greatest commandment to multiply and replenish the earth. I have been hurting over this year and a half because some days my arms feel so empty because I want my own child so badly...but I have seen how much I have grown because of this trial God has given me. It was frustrating at first, because look at us! I came from a mother who bore 11 children. She obviously had kids very easily... so why do I have this trial? I've learned that this was not the important question to ask. The important question to ask is not only "What can I learn?" but also "What is God's plan for me?" You will meet all kinds of members, nonmembers, investigators, and even companions who are all fighting their own personal battles. Believe it or not, you will be a source of light and strength and comfort for them. So keep fighting your battle Elder! I know that if I keep the faith that the Lord will bless me with a miracle. I consider you to be on a mission as a miracle. Not because I doubted you at all! But because it has been 12 long years since we've had a missionary in our family... I truly believe in miracles and know you will witness many on your mission! I love you and I'm proud of you, Elder! Keep fighting! Love, Ari

Comments

  1. You don't need to worry about not keeping God's greatest commandment. According to Matthew 22:
    37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love The Lord they God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
    38 This is the first and great commandment.
    39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself.
    40 On these two commandments hand all the law and the prophets.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Humble Yourself or Be Compelled to Be Humble

Learning to Let Go

Celebrating 12 Years