Sometimes Facebook can be good for you

There's a girl my age who used to be in my parents' ward (she has since gotten married and moved) who posted a link on Facebook to watch a hilarious music video spoof of 'California Gurls' by Katy Perry. DivineComedy at BYU (basically a comedy team/group that performs some pretty funny skits, mostly teasing Provo culture) made a video called 'Provo, UT Gurls'. It's pretty good if you understand the jokes. So that video provided some entertainment, but somehow I saw a different link leading me to another video that was of a little more serious nature than the Katy Perry spoof. It's called 'The Law of Chastity is Not a Crash Diet'. It starts off being really cute (watching and seeing what the kids choose to do) and in the end there's a touching message. Then, after reading the comments, I was led to a link which took me to what inspired me to make this blog post.

Pres. Dieter F. Uchtdorf's April 2010 General Conference Talk entitled Continue In Patience.

The reason why this talk meant so much to me is because just this morning I was being sort of a drama queen. As Josh puts it, I "woke up on the wrong side of the bed." I dunno, maybe it's a girl thing, or maybe it's just me, but I tend to get upset over little things, and when big things happen I'm relatively calm about it (unless there's potential danger to me or my loved ones). Anyways, this morning's "drama" was me getting mad at Josh because today was our last day of break before school begins again on Monday and I knew he was scheduled to work at 2pm, so I wanted to hike yesterday as he would be off work. Thus, we could take our time hiking and what not. So I woke up this morning pissed that we did not go hiking yesterday. I know, I know. Stupid. But luckily I have a very level-headed and loving husband who talked it out with me and brought me to my senses. I got ready and after we got into the car I was still feeling slightly upset so I decided to say a prayer. I started crying because I realized how silly, selfish, and prideful I had been. Not trying to be self-destructive, just stating the obvious. So I prayed for strength to overcome these weaknesses for Josh. He deserves for me to better myself so that I may bless him. I don't want to be a burden, even in trivial situations such as this one. After that I was calm and cheered up. Prayers work wonders.

This talk was basically an answer to my prayers. I honestly want to work hard at bettering myself so that I may better my relationship and, in turn, better the part of Josh's life that I directly affect by my actions. I'm so grateful that Heavenly Father loves us enough to inspire these righteous men to represent Him and to send His messages of love and guidance through out the world. I know that they are true witnesses of the Lord.

It's amazing how much peace one can feel after resolving a struggle, and seeing that there really is hope in many other wonderful things to look forward to.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Humble Yourself or Be Compelled to Be Humble

Learning to Let Go

Celebrating 12 Years