I Am The One

I am the One who dreams. I take a look at my present and say to myself, "That's great, but it's not enough." I thank God for the outpouring of love in my life. Yet, I yearn and seek for the ultimate manifestation of love that I may give someday.

I am the One who aches. When you stop to think and look and just sit and take in all that is the pain and stress you feel is in your life, I am right there, looking and sitting and thinking and wishing that I could have a chance at your trial.

I am the One who wonders. You're right, I don't know what it's like. I have no idea what it's like. How could I? I've not yet experienced it. Will I love it? Will I hate it? Will I know what to do when the time comes? Will it bring all the happiness that I have romanticized that it would? Will I still get to be Me?

I am the One who tries. You say it's a burden to have this life. I try to see your perspective. Others seem to be blessed while I remain empty. I try to see God's plan for them; I try to see God's plan for myself. You share your blessed news with me, and that relentless, everlasting battle starts raging inside of me AGAIN. I try to fight off the part of me that wants to scream and crumble at the same time. I try to only let the side show where I am truly happy for you, because I love you. I try to forget the pain that wants to consume me. I try to see the joy in the journey.

When you walk in to a party and we have not seen each other in awhile I am happy to see you, but I am especially happy to offer to hold your child. That precious life that you bore and gave a body to in this mortal life. When you need to eat or just need a break and want to do that thing you love that you haven't done much ever since your life completely and wonderfully changed, I am the One who will be there. I will take him or her in my arms. I am the One who will open my heart and let all that love spill out and just overtake the two of us in a cloud of bliss. All I see are her/his eyes. The rest of the world melts away.

When you complain about the aches and pains of carrying and growing a life for 9 months, I will be there to give you perspective. "At least you can," I say. When you feel like those little rascals give you nothing but grief and stress in a make-you-want-to-pull-your-hair-out kind of way, I will be there to show you that laughter is the best medicine. That the innocence of a child is the most pure of all things on this earth.

I am the One who has a purpose. I am One, among many, who struggles with infertility. I am NOT an infertile woman. Infertility does not define me. I define Myself.

And I love Me, for who I chose to be. And I love my body for all that it does and does not.

I am the One. But someday, I hope to be the One on this earth who my children will call mother.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Humble Yourself or Be Compelled to Be Humble

Learning to Let Go

Celebrating 12 Years