The Beginnings of Ari and Josh

We are Arianna and Josh Graham. If you are reading this, you probably already know us in one way or another, so I don't need to give a very detailed introduction of us but it'd be convenient to give at least a brief one.

Arianna Nawaiaulianahenahe (McMillan) Graham
Born March 13 in Honolulu, HI
Hawaiian, Chinese, Caucasian
College student (BYU & BYU-H)
Wife of Josh
Surfer

Joshua Kamalama Graham
Born November 16 in Hawaii
Japanese, Chinese, Caucasian, Hispanic (yeah right, he wishes!)
College freshman (haha) ... (BYU-H)
Served in the Florida Tampa mission, spanish speaking (Nov. 2008 - Nov. 2010)
Husband of Ari
Surfer

We met in May of 2008, but didn't start dating until September (yes, I was already up at college at BYU-Provo and he was home in Hawaii). If you want a very detailed story, click here. The password is arijosh.
Josh returned home in November of 2010.
We got engaged at the end of January 2011.
Married and sealed for time and all eternity on Friday, June 10, 2011 in the Laie, HI temple.

If you want to get a glimpse into what waiting for him (or writing him) while he was on his mission was like, click here. That's my other blog and also what I used to vent whenever I was feeling especially emotional. You might think I was obsessed at first and my answer to your suspicion (although I wouldn't have admitted it before) is yes, I was obsessed. I was completely in love with this boy whom I barely knew. But that obsession matured and grew. I am no longer just in love, but I love him truly. True love knows no conditions or sense of time. It endures. I'm so blessed that he in turn fell in love with me too, actually wrote me back for the whole two years, and decided to marry me and make me his eternal companion.

Why did I make this blog? Not entirely because that's what every other (Mormon) couple does when they get married. But because Josh works very late nights a couple times a week, so at least blogging will be a good way to keep a journal of our lives and to occupy my time waiting for him to come home. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Humble Yourself or Be Compelled to Be Humble

Learning to Let Go

Celebrating 12 Years